Introduction (Week One)

Monday, January 11, 2010

So, as seems to be common at this time of year, I have made a number of new year resolutions. Usually I believe this to be lame and underwhelming, but there have been a few that I have seen floating around these interwebz of ours that I think warrants consideration. While there is the less exciting "start exercising" stuff in there (which I've failed at already after one week), one of the better ideas/resolutions is a 2010 365 project.

Basically the idea is to set yourself the challenge of taking a photo every single day of the year, along the lines of a theme/topic/person/etc. The reason is to challenge yourself and to grow in both photographic ability, and to obtain new experiences that otherwise would not have been experienced.

As a relatively new (amateur) photographer myself, this seemed like a pretty awesome idea. So, as only I could, I decided that I would take the easy route and to take one photo a week, with whatever topic I feel like doing at the time. And attempt to blog something about it at the same time. Weekly. I know what y'all thinking, this may not last long. But I figure I've got nothing to loose, right?

So, kicking things of is the one below. I'm already cheating because it was taken a day or two before new years, but I love it so much I just had to post it. While I was on holiday with friends down near Sorrento, Victoria I went for an early morning walk. Except for an unusually high number of flies buzzing around, and the creepy old guy on the beach wearing nothing but budgie smugglers (I guess it could have been worse?), the place was deserted. It was the ideal time to reflect on the year that was, and what going to happen in the next.

This path lead all the way down to the beach front. Considering the low light conditions, and the use of the very slow kit lens on the DSLR, this shot came out almost exactly as I wanted it to.

I'll probably post these with a week's delay to allow processing time, so I'll probably try to upload something around the same time every week. If you have any questions, just post a comment.

Also, I know the watermark is awful. I'm in the process of trying to find a good one...

EDIT: Watermark has been improved a bit...

2 comments:

Mutt January 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

I shall! Hooray!

And that watermark is really good.

Love the photo, with just the hint of afternoon light touching the very peak of the outcropping.

dead_meat January 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Thanks Mutt, even if technically it's early morning light, not afternoon :)

Also, I'm not sure how I managed to scrap the ugly blogger commenting system, but the template seems to have over-ridden it! I like!

Post a Comment

Legal Stuff

© Luke Hogan 2010

For use of photography on this page, please contact Luke via email: lukeh1 [at] gmail [dot] com

Blog template "On The Road" provided by ourblogtemplates.com

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP